Today more and more women are opting for the convenience of a wash and wear face, with eyebrows and lip color that won’t wear off. Permanent makeup is the perfect solution for the busy and/or athletic woman, women with allergies to traditional cosmetics or those with trouble seeing to apply makeup.
Permanent makeup is meant to enhance your natural features and not necessarily look like topical cosmetics. Imagine applying your makeup as a choice instead of a necessity. No matter what age you are, your face identifies your uniqueness, so your permanent makeup is designed only to be an enhancement of these unique features. Colors should be chosen to harmonize with skin tones instead of hair color or popular fads and trends.
Eyebrows are the frame for your eyes and face and, when designed properly, lift the eyes giving a more youthful appearance, makes cheekbones appear more prominent, and influence how the nose is perceived. Those women whose eyebrows are too light, sparse from tweezing or experience hair loss, and those whose brows are blonde or light in color, can now enjoy the luxury of permanent eyebrows.
Permanent eyeliner enhances and defines the beauty of the eyes. Color and thickness can be individualized and topical cosmetics can be applied for a more dramatic evening look.
Permanent lash enhancement is a fine, soft natural lash line to add depth and definition to your eyes. It darkens only the base of your lash area. Your lashes will appear to be thicker.
Permanent lip liner is perfect for asymmetrical shaped lips, thick lips, thin lips, or lips with uneven vermillion borders.
Full Lip Color
Full lip color is perfect for reshaping uneven lips and for making lips appear larger and fuller. It will also help eliminate the problem of lipstick bleeding into the fine lines around the mouth.
Our permanent makeup pigments do not contain iron oxides and are 100% MRI safe.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is permanent makeup?
- Permanent makeup is a specialized service within mainstream beauty industries offering everyone the opportunity to look their best at all times. Also known as micropigmentation or dermagraphics, permanent makeup offers safe, permanent enhancement for eyebrows, eyes, lashes and lips.
Why permanent makeup?
- Permanent makeup is perfect for busy people or those who are physically active who don’t want to spend too much time each day applying makeup but want to maintain a better appearance; for people who have light, sparse or half eyebrows; for people who have sensitive eyes or sparse lashes; for people who have oily skin that sheds makeup easily; and for people with poorly defined or descending lips. It is especially beneficial for people who suffer from makeup allergies and can’t wear traditional cosmetics.
How is permanent makeup performed?
- Permanent makeup is a form of cosmetic tattooing where extremely tiny amounts of natural pigments are implanted into dermal layer of the skin. The result is a cosmetic effect, which last for years, designed to benefit anyone who wishes to have a natural enhancement to their appearance without the use of makeup.
Does permanent makeup look natural?
- Absolutely. It is designed to enhance your natural beauty and will blend with any makeup style or skin tone.
How much does permanent makeup hurt?
- Most people experience some discomfort, from very mild to moderate, comparable to tweezing. Each person has a different tolerance level and pain felt will be according to each individual’s pain threshold.
What does the permanent makeup procedure feel like?
- Some describe it as a prickly sensation. Many experience no discomfort at all. Most agree it is far more comfortable than anticipated.
Is permanent makeup expensive?
- Not if you look at the long term cost and effect. It costs about one year’s cosmetics bill, but is little compared to 4 – 6 years of daily makeup expenses. Also, it doesn’t run or wash off, and it’s a great time saver. It’s worth every penny to make the most of your natural beauty.
How much does Permanent Makeup cost?
- Price varies depending on the area where the permanent makeup is applied. Your first touch-up is free within six months. Touch-ups are charged by the hour within six to twelve months.
Is permanent makeup really permanent?
- Technically, permanent makeup procedures are considered permanent because the color is implanted into the dermal layer of the skin and cannot be washed off. However, fading can and often does occur, requiring periodic maintenance.
How long will permanent makeup last?
- Indefinitely. However, color may soften over time with the aging process, environment, skin type or care of your permanent makeup procedure area.
Does permanent makeup look natural?
- Yes. Permanent makeup works to enhance your natural beauty so that you look good all the time.
May I choose the color and shape?
- We insist. Nothing is done without your approval. We work with you to design the most attractive style and shape based on your facial features and personal preference. Colors are mixed and customized according to your skin tone. We have a large variety of colors from which all different shades of colors can be mixed.
What if styles change?
- We will never do anything that is too trendy. We use colors that are custom blended to compliment your skin tone and give a soft natural appearance.
What if I want to change the color after the procedure?
- Permanent makeup is implanted in the skin and you can always apply cosmetics on top of the skin to create the desired look.
Do permanent makeup pigments pose allergy problems?
- We use only the best pigment which is hypoallergenic and iron oxide free. There have been very few reactions to the pigments in permanent makeup history. If your medical history shows you are highly allergic to many substances, a patch test is suggested.
How long does the procedure take?
- Time varies with each individual. It takes our permanent makeup artist an average of one hour or more for each procedure.
What’s the recovery time?
- It can take up to 2 weeks for the skin to completely heal.
Will I need to take off work?
- No, there is minimal swelling and redness. Ice is used to reduce immediate swelling and, depending on the procedure, an aftercare product is used for several days.
What is the healing period like?
- Usually around the second day after a procedure, a light crust will form, which is only dry to your touch. This will fall off in a few days. Some of the color may come off with this layer. During this time the pigment area may look a little darker than what you decided upon. Once the crust flakes off, it is common for the color to lighten 20% – 40%.
Will there be any swelling?
- There may be a small amount of redness and swelling around the treated area. This will be gone in 6 – 12 hours after brow color, and 24 – 48 hours after eyeliner or lip color.
Will it fade?
- The first 2 – 3 weeks after a procedure is called the color stabilization time. The first few hours after a procedure, the color will darken as the swelling subsides. In 3 – 7 days, the epidermal or outer layer of skin will gradually peel or flake off as the new layer regrows. Some of the color will come off with this layer. Allow for a 20% – 40% fade during this time. Over time the color will also soften.
Is it safe?
- When all sterilization and sanitary guidelines are met, permanent makeup is completely safe. All needles are new and sterile for each client. We use only disposable needles and machine parts which are properly discarded after use.
Our shop strictly follows the OSHA guidelines for disease control.